Questionnaire Evaluation

Evaluation
My audiences most popular favourite genre of horror was teen, with supernatural coming second. In comparison, psychological horrors may be too complicated to understand whilst drama horrors may demand a high level of concentration too and possibly be too serious and heavy on the mind to watch. Therefore, I shall produce a teen/supernatural horror teaser trailer as the supernatural genre is very interesting, suspensful and exhilerating.

My consumers felt that they expected to see blood and weapons as conventions in horror films. This enables me to make sure my product includes popular conventions, therefore i will capture shots of weapons and blood. A very small amount of the population surveyed answered 'death', however, for a teaser trailer i do not want to give too much away so i shall not include any death sequences or shots. Also, 'witchcraft' achieved the same percentage but I quite like the idea of witchcraft so I might make it a vague storyline to catch on to in the teaser.
Famous actors/actresses were not important for a horror trailer according to statistics. My consumers stated that when the actors/actresses are unknown it makes the film seem more realistic and scary. I will use this knowledge to my advantage as my actors/actresses will be unknown.

Films rated 15 were preferred, rather than 18 films. This may be due to 15 rated films covering more of a variety of genres, 18 films seem to be narrowed down to specific genres such as graphic and violent action/horror films.

My audience were split between whether hand held camera technique is effective therefore, if i get the chance to use the technique i will but i will try not to use too much of it incase it places a distractive chaotic effect on the trailer.

On a scale of 1-5, 1 being the lowest, my audience rated the soundtrack to be of an importance at 4. This means I will need to emphasise and use the soundtrack to its advantage to make the overal trailer suspenseful and dramatic.

When I asked my audience what hooks them to watching a horror after viewing the trailer, the majority of them answered 'action', 'storyline', 'review' and 'actors/actresses'. This information will help me interest the viewers on a wider scale. I shall include reviews on the poster as teaser trailers don't usually have reviews in it, i will keep the actresses/actors i use anonymous, i will keep the storyline vague but interesting enough to pull the viewer in and i shall use a lot of action shots to capture the audience's mind.
Overall, the results have helped me greatly in making decisions about my film trailer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment